Thursday, May 24, 2012

Decorating Graduation Cap


Decorating Graduation Cap
Besides making your own graduation announcements, you can also decorate your graduation cap. Decorating graduation caps is a great way to get a few classmates together to hang out and crafted a little bit before the big day.

Materials:
  • Graduation cap
  • Picture of idea for cap (apple)
  • Scissors
  • White crayon
  • Jewels/Gems (brought a pound for $8 at Hobby Lobby using a coupon)
  • Tweezers (helps when laying the jewel down on the cap)
  • Jewel it! (Type of glue for the jewels) $ 4.99 at Hobby Lobby

I really wanted my graduation cap to reflect my personality and future career. We (me and classmates) started by making a list of things we would want on our caps. We deceived we would make apples because were graduation with a Bachelors in Elementary Education and will soon be teachers!! I just printed a picture of an apple from clipart and cut it out. I placed the cutout on top of my cap and drew around it with a white crayon. Once the white outline was on the cap we started to bejewel or bedazzle the cap with gems/jewels. It is better to start from the inside out using the jewel it! glue and jewels. Remember to leave a little room from your tassel. (By the way, not one jewel fell off and it’s been 3 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment