Thursday, May 24, 2012

Diaper Cakes!!

Diaper Cakes!!
I became interested in diaper cakes when I started looking for a cute baby shower gift for a friend. I loved the idea of the diaper cake but hated the price! So I decided I could probably make my own diaper cake for less, come on how hard can it really be…and that how I got started making diaper cakes!

Below is a picture of one of the first diaper cakes I made. This diaper cake is actually a rolled diaper cake meaning all the diapers are individual rolled and secured with a rubber band.

Materials:
  • 90-100 disposable diapers
  • Rubber bands
  • 3 different styles, size, and colored ribbon
  • Wooden characters
  • Cardstock
  • Circut
  • Cake tray
  • Tissue paper or cut up paper strips
  • Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
Below is another diaper cake I made using the rolled diapers. For this diaper cake, I decided to cover all the diapers/tiers using cardstock, pink zebra and lime green ribbon. Instead of covering the second tier with card stock, I decided to use a skirt that I purchased for the baby. To add a finally detail, I cricut out the letter J for Justine!
Materials:
  • 90-100 disposable diapers
  • Rubber bands
  • 2 different styles, size, and colored ribbon
  • Cardstock
  • Circut
  • Baby clothes
  • Cake tray
  • Tissue paper or cut up paper strips
  • Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
What you can make a diaper cake without rolling up 90 to 100 diapers? Yes, that’s right folks there an easier way to make a diaper cake! It’s called a spiral diaper cake and to be honest this is my favorite way to make a diaper cake, it looks clean and classy! Oh, and did I tell you that you actually use LESS diapers!

Materials:
  • 60-100 diapers (depends on the amount of tiers your making) I was able to make one 3-tier diaper cake and one 2-tier diaper cake using 96 diapers!
  • Cake pans of various sizes (12, 10, and 8 inches)
  • Large rubber bands
  • 3 or less different, style, sizes, and colored ribbon
  • Flowers (from Hobby Lobby print a 40% off coupon from the website)
  • Cake tray
  • Tissue paper or cut up paper strips
  • Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun




No comments:

Post a Comment