Thursday, May 24, 2012

Graduation


Graduation Announcements


It’s that time again, Graduation! Graduation is a time of celebration but can be hard on the pocket book. I recently graduated from college with a degree in Elementary Education and my pocket book was very tight being a single mother and having to start paying loans back. So I had the great idea of making my own graduation announcements and bedazzling my graduation cap.

All the graduation announcements I looked at were 25 cards for a $100 or more. So I decided I could make my own cute announcement for half the price or even less.


First I started by thinking about what size I wanted the announcements to be. I decided on 5x7. Always make a sample card before cutting all your paper. I made the black card stock 5x7 and made all the other colors smaller to give it a cuter look. Below is a list of the materials I used and a picture of the finished product.


Materials:
  • 1 pack of envelopes (25 to a pack for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby)
  • 9 sheets of 12x12 black card stock (Cardstock was 50% off at Hobby Lobby making each sheet of cardstock 30 cents)
  • 9 sheets of 12x12 purple cardstock
  • 13 sheets of 8x10 white cardstock (I used the white cardstock to print my writing. This paper was only 15 cents a sheet!)
  • 1 purple polka dot ribbon (This ribbon was 2 inches and from Michaels. I used a 40% off coupon making the ribbon only $2.50)
  • 1 silver ribbon (This ribbon was $2 from Craft warehouse)
  • 1 package of Craft Glue Dots (love, love, love!!) $4.99 most expensive but well worth the price
  • Paper cutter (already purchased)


Making the grand total $19.83!

No comments:

Post a Comment